Corporate Social Responsibility
Corporate social responsibility forms an essential part of Britannia Mining’s operational strategy.
The principles that govern our relationship with host communities are based on trust, transparency, long term commitment, and sustainability. We believe that moving towards a more secure future lies in implementing the foundations for sustainable development.
The fundamental challenge is to deliver opportunities for real income growth to a rapidly advancing population,whilst, simultaneously caring for the environment. As such, we will look to implement community investment and charitable donation programmes that are focused on:
- Wealth creation and distribution
- Mining impacts on indigenous people
- Land management
- Large volume waste disposal/water and water-treatment
- Supporting initiatives aimed at improving both local and national education
- Supporting charities and organizations within the communities in which our staff live and work